Why and how to join the IRCT
As a global network of centres and programmes, the IRCT reinforces the lobbying platform on which we seek to strengthen the services for torture victims. It also helps secure the necessary political will and funds at the national, regional, and global level.
The members of the IRCT can actively participate and vote in the IRCT General Assembly and nominate a representative of a centre or programme representative for election to the IRCT Council.
Members become involved in activities, programmes and campaigns led by the IRCT General Secretariat and are privileged receivers of information collected by the IRCT General Secretariat about relevant issues related to torture prevention and treatment. They have also, for instance, the opportunity to reach a wider audience by publicising their activities in our publications, newsletter and homepage.
In addition, membership gives centres and programmes the opportunity of pooling information and opinions on torture, which reduces isolation and promotes the capacity of membership to work together.
By becoming a member of the IRCT you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to up-to-date knowledge in the field
- Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues around the world
- Participate in scientific conferences, regional meetings and training seminars
- Find partners for your projects
- Join the 26 June campaign with support from the IRCT Secretariat
- Participate in General Assemblies with the possibility of becoming a member of the Council or Executive Committee
- Receive exclusive access to the Members' Area of the IRCT website, where you will find: information on upcoming events, notification about calls for proposals, and technical support when approaching donors
Any independent and non-profit centre or programme working in the field of torture rehabilitation and prevention may become a member of the IRCT global network, provided that it meets the criteria for membership.
The criteria for becoming and a member of the IRCT are provided in the IRCT Bylaws.
Please feel welcome to contact us for further information or to request a membership form by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.